CUSTOMER LOCATION: NORTH AMERICA
SCENARIO: THE RENTAL CUSTOMER NEEDED TO RAISE PREFABRICATED CONCRETE WALLS FOR BUILDING WAREHOUSE FACILITIES, ALLOWING ONE WINCH TO RAISE THE TOP OF THE WALL AT A FASTER RATE, WHILE ALSO CONTROLLING THE MOVEMENT OF THE LOWER PORTION OF THE WALL.
SOLUTION: THE INGERSOLL RAND ENGINEERING TEAM DEVELOPED THE CONCEPT OF USING A DOUBLE-DRUM / WATERFALL CONFIGURATION.
- The two FA2.5A-24AK winches, mounted to a common base in a “waterfall” configuration (one unit behind, and raised higher, than the other) allowed the operator to control both winches from a single station.
- Each winch can be operated independently or in tandem from a conveniently located control console.
- The design includes a seating arrangement for the operator to operate both winches in the proper position and allowed for long hours of work behind the controls.
- 5,000 lbs. capacity, 141 fpm (top layer) and a 25hp motor.
- Seat included with system design factor: 5:1 (for lifting)
- Customer requested special green paint