Case Study: 50T Cold Weather Units
Customer Location: Russia
Scenario: Customer required a cold weather BOP handling system The customization needed to include:
- Safely lift a BOP stack on two land rigs
- Ability to function in -45 degree temperatures
- Zone 1 ATEX specifications
Solution: 50T BOP Handling System. Our engineering team designed and procured cold weather load bearing materials certified to work at -45°C. To accomodate the low temperatures the team also recommended a hydraulic operating system as it functions more reliably in harsh conditions compared to pneumatic powered alternatives.
- Designed for working ambient temperature of -45°C and -60°C under storage.
- CE and ATEX for Zone 1 marking.
- Festooning system for a travelling length of 8 m.
- Mirror image: The system was supplied with 2 identical units so that the trolley and hoist motors are on the same side
- EAC requirement: Certification mark to indicate products that conform to all technical regulations of the Eurasian Customs Union