There are several important considerations to factor in before installing a Reciprocating Air Compressor:
- Location – Ensure adequate spacing to service and maintain the air compressor (minimum of 12 inches away from walls).
- Climate – Ideal ambient operating temperature is 32 - 100°F.
- Foundation – Bolt the unit to a firm, level foundation, such as a concrete floor, using proper mounting hardware.
- Ventilation – Ensure adequate cool air flow around the machine (1000 cubic feet of fresh air per every 5 Horsepower)
- Noise – Consider operating sound levels (DBA), pipe away inlet air, isolator pads, and silencer.
- Electrical Requirements – Determine and check the correct voltage level to supply the necessary power to the unit while following NEC Code.
- Piping – Determine the type, length, size of piping or air lines
- Condensation Removal – Collection and disposal of tank condensate.
For direction and information on installing your reciprocating air compressor, view the "Reciprocating Air Compressor Install Manual" in the Document Library.
You can also watch our YouTube video.